Empowering Educators to Support Mental Health in Grades 6-12
This comprehensive webinar aims to equip educators with the necessary tools and techniques to create a supportive and inclusive environment for their students. By understanding the unique challenges faced by adolescents, participants will gain valuable insights into mental health awareness and develop effective strategies to foster resilience, well-being, and academic success.
By the end of this webinar, educators will feel empowered to create a nurturing and inclusive environment that promotes mental well-being and supports academic success.
- Explore the developmental changes that occur during the teenage years and how they relate to mental health
- Gain insight into prevalent mental health issues affecting adolescents, including anxiety, depression, stress, and social pressures
- Learn to identify early warning signs of mental health concerns and how they may manifest in a school setting
- Discover effective strategies to foster open conversations around mental health, reduce stigma, and create a supportive classroom culture
- Explore evidence-based techniques to enhance students’ resilience, stress management, and emotional regulation
- Gain practical strategies to address mental health concerns within the school setting, such as providing accommodations and referral processes
Note: This webinar is open to all educators working with students in grades 6-12, including teachers, counselors, administrators, and support staff. No prior knowledge of mental health is required.
Co-Founder, D&G Wellness Consulting
Gabriella Pelosi is a licensed mental health counselor, a former school mental health counselor, private practice clinician, and co-founder of D&G Wellness Consulting. Previously, Gabriella served as a clinical supervisor at Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Turning Point House. Gabriella graduated from John Carroll University with a bachelor’s degree in communication and theatre arts and a minor in English. She completed her master’s degree in education in clinical mental health counseling from St. Bonaventure University and is a licensed therapist in New York. While currently working in her private practice, Gabriella also serves as a wellness consultant providing training and professional development to corporations, schools, and athletic teams on a variety of health and wellness topics. She works with many athletes in her private practice and believes in early intervention and prevention of mental health for athletes.
Co-Founder, D&G Wellness Consulting
Danielle Vallas is a licensed mental health counselor, a former school wellness director and mental health counselor, private practice clinician, graduate school professor, yoga teacher, and co-founder of D&G Wellness Consulting. For over 16 years, Danielle worked as the director of wellness education at an independent school in Buffalo. In addition to her role as director of wellness education, Danielle served as the school mental health counselor since 2013. Additionally, Danielle teaches as an adjunct professor at University at Buffalo Graduate School of Education. She is a faculty member of Mindful Counseling for Wellness and Engagement Advanced Certificate Program. Danielle is a graduate of William Smith College, where she received a bachelor’s degree in psychological and physical health and well-being. She completed her master’s degree at Canisius College in physical education and health education. She is a graduate of the University at Buffalo master of mental health counseling program, is a New York State licensed mental health counselor, and has a wellness coach certificate from Cornell University.